Phonebook published by CIVICUS on 02/11/21
Do you know who to reach out to in case you need support?
This Vuka! Protest Support Phonebook is a support directory for protestors.
In the Phonebook, protesters (and their allies) can find various types of support from nearly 30 international and regional civil society organisations to protect themselves and elevate the impact of their protests, including:
- Urgent support for protesters (e.g. legal aid, medical aid, trauma healing, relocation, family support, etc)
- Urgent support for journalists covering protests (e.g. legal aid, medical aid, trauma healing, relocation, family support, etc)
- Amplifying your movement’s messaging through global campaigns networks Strategic litigation support
- Digital and physical security support
- Human rights monitoring, reporting, and outreach to the United Nations and other international governance forums
- Funding, training, and strategizing for creative actions, campaigning, and frontline protesting