On 30 September, the dedicated working group of the Civil Liberties Committee of the European Parliament took stock of recent developments, focusing on the rights of Roma, LGBT+ and disabled people during an event called “A Union of Equality: discussion with experts on racism and discrimination”.
In this occasion, the Democracy, Rule of Law and Fundamental Rights Monitoring Group (DRFMG), set up by the Civil Liberties Committee, hosted:
- Silvan Agius, Expert on Equality, Cabinet of Commissioner Dalli;
- Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos, Scientific Adviser, EU Agency For Fundamental Rights;
- Juliana Santos Wahlgren, Acting Director, European Network Against Racism;
- Catherine Naughton, Director, European Disability Forum;
- Evelyne Paradis, Executive Director, ILGA-Europe;
- Jamen Gabriela Hrabanova, Director, European Roma Grassroots Organisations Network.
Watch the full discussion here.